We all want the best for our children. We want them to grow up happy, confident and curious. My children are now well beyond the playgroup stage but I remember how their playgroup gave them the ability to listen and learn, their first friends and the foundation to go onto school with confidence.
At South Darley and Winster Pre-school Playgroup we work with parents to do the best for each child. It isn’t a nursery school. Children learn through play, to cooperate with each other and the joy of learning about new things. Please look round this website to get a taste of what we do, but I strongly recommend you contact us to arrange to visit and see for yourself.
- Kate Alcock, Chair
Dates and times
From September 2017 our hours of opening will be:
|Monday||09:00 - 12:00||12:00 - 13:00||12:00 - 15:00|
|Tuesday||09:00 - 12:00||12:00 - 13:00||12:00 - 15:00|
|Wednesday||09:00 - 12:00||12:00 - 13:00||12:00 - 15:00|
|Thursday||09:00 - 12:00||12:00 - 13:00||12:00 - 15:00|
- Autumn Term
- Tuesday 4th September to Thursday 25th October 2018
- Monday 5th November to Thursday 20th December 2018
- Spring Term
- Tuesday 8th January to Thursday 14th February 2018
- Monday 25th February to Thursday 11th April 2018
- Summer Term
- Monday 29th April to Thursday 23rd May 2018
- Monday 3rd June to Thursday 20th July 2018
- Please note that Inset Days will be confirmed after we have been notified by local schools.
£15 per session, £5 for lunch club, £30 per full day
Help with fees
South Darley Preschool is registered for both the government tax free childcare scheme and from September 2017, 30 free hours of Early Years Education. Further information on eligibility can be found here: https://www.childcarechoices.gov.uk/
The following documents contain other important information about the playgroup.
In an increasingly technological age where children are growing up with internet and social media, it is more important than ever that parents know how to keep their children safe online. The following sites provide useful information for parents.
- CEOP: The official site of the Child Exploitation and Online Protection Agency
- Parent Info: A website designed to give parents up to date information
- Google Safety Centre for Families: Advice and practical tips for keeping your family safe online
- NSPCC Talk Pants - teaching children about the underwear rule